BCHS FFA

Students working in Mrs. Love’s Ag. Biology class.

Grace Wilkes

When it comes to the Future Farmers of America (FFA) organization, there are many challenges, and they aren’t always easy to overcome. The challenging parts of FFA range from meeting new people to competing in different competitions. Amelia Sorci, the FFA Chaplain, said, “FFA sometimes pushes me out of my comfort zone with meeting new people and facing challenges that I’ve never faced before, but these challenges help me grow my confidence in my work.” All the students in FFA have blossomed by facing new challenges and learning new things. In FFA, there are so many lessons one can learn. One important lesson is for students to be more confident in oneself and learn leadership skills. The FFA program can change one’s life for the better and help them improve as a person.

In FFA, there are so many different activities a member can participate in; from showing animals to speaking conferences, and anything in between. There are many kinds of activities one can do for an SAE project. SAE stands for Supervised Agricultural Experience. The BCHS FFA President, Savannah Downs, said, “SAE projects are a way to have kids participate in agricultural projects in their community. Currently, I am working at a plant nursery for my project.” An SAE project can be helping out at an event, showing animals, or even community service.

FFA offers friendship to anyone who joins their ranks. The teachers and students in FFA help lift each other up on their journey to independence. FFA gives its members hands-on experiences and many great opportunities. The projects and competitions that one can participate in help set them apart from others, which is great for college applications. FFA is not just students; it’s not just a class; it’s not just friends; it’s a family.