Girls JV and Varsity Tennis Teams Swept Their League

Georgia Anderholt and Baylie Whitfield, Eagle Post Staff

Going into the 2019 tennis season, the coaches and players all felt extremely strong with high hopes for the matches. JV Coach Sherri Wallace said, “Our JV team could probably dominate in the Varsity level of our league.” As the teams took on their competition in the season they dominated and came out first

in the league. The Varsity tennis team recently got a new coach, Tyler Thoms. Tyler played tennis all throughout high school and was one of the best players at his school. Having a background in tennis, he is very familiar with the sport and knows many coaching methods and strategies. When asked how this new varsity coach is doing Sherri Wallace said, “He’s doing great! He is very positive and always super happy. He challenges the girls to play their best always and is a great co-coach.”

The JV and Varsity girls recently went into their individual league playoffs with outstanding results. Brianna Hiebert took first and Lauren Buetow took second place in their singles bracket. In the JV league, Georgia Anderholt took first place, Lily Roche took second and Jilian Andreesen took third in singles. In the doubles bracket, Bella Benshof and Emma Bloemhof took first and Peyton Daniels and Amanda Bloemhof took second place. The Varsity girls are currently battling it out in their team playoffs.