Homecoming Court and Spirit Week Helped Raise School Spirit

Gabrielle Atencio and Amelia Sorci

Homecoming week was a fantastic opportunity for the students of BCHS to show their school spirit. A variety of dress up days ranged from Historic vs Future to Career Day themes. All of the student body (and even some teachers) had a wonderful time as they engaged in the festivities that provided a break from their regular school routines.

This year’s homecoming court was very deserving of their titles. Students got the opportunity to nominate their class representatives based on who they felt among their peers was the most Christ like in their daily lives. The nominees are known for the wise choices they make and leadership they demonstrate both on and off campus. Lexi Reynish and Ben Yurosek were the Homecoming Queen and King this year. These students truly represented the student body at Bakersfield Christian and received the award from past Homecoming Queen Catherine Balfanz.

The freshman princess and prince nominees were Jovi Mongold and Charlie Stump. The sophomore nominees were Katie-Rose Cook and Eric Schroeder. The junior nominees were Paudina Bashirtash and Braeden Amirfar. Kate Cheek, Taylor Meger, Noah Doss, and Nathan Smidt were also nominated for Homecoming king and queen. All of these students have worked diligently in their academics, service projects and athletics at BCHS.